[Tagging] RFC: historic:civilization and historic:period Re:new key civilization

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 02:56:41 GMT 2011

2011/1/13 Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at googlemail.com>:
> Could you explain both?

The hill would be tagged according to what is there (maybe
archaeological_site ?)

The castle would be tagged as building=castle (and castle subtypes
etc., it's in the wiki). As you wrote it is an almost complete
rebuild, still I'd tag it probably as baroque (beeing the dominating
style). I'm not sure if the civilization tags will help you here,
probably it's pointless in this context. historic:period=baroque might
be a tag that evolves, but there is also the proposed
building:architecture for the architectural style. I would also tag
precise dates and the architect's name if known. Be sure to include a
link to wikipedia for the whole story. If there are  identificable
parts of the building dating before the baroque era, tag them
separately.

cheers,
Martin