[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Emergency Traffic Signals

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 16:06:48 GMT 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 12:33 AM, James Mast <rickmastfan67 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I've created a proposal for Emergency Traffic Signals, which are typically
> found in front of fire stations and highway tunnels at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Emergency_Traffic_Signals

I've already been using highway=traffic_signals
traffic_signals=emergency (as well as traffic_signals=blinker for a
single-ball blinker and traffic_signals=blink_mode for a standard
signal that's in permanent blink mode), so I agree with that part. No
comment on emergency=*, and I oppose treating bridge/tunnel signals
the same as those in front of fire stations.