[Tagging] Tagging Metropolis

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 05:27:09 GMT 2011

On 19 January 2011 14:17, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Remember how we recently had a discussion about how to tag airports?
> Exactly the same problem. There will be many other examples, like
> schools, parks, mountains etc etc. If we want to produce good
> cartography, we need to be tagging for it.

The problem here is subject v objective tagging, in terms of airports
this can be objective stated based on international flights a day and
the same with cities, if you want to indicate population tag
population, take for example some regional 'cities' in Australia some
have 50,000 or less people but still call themselves a city.