[Tagging] Tagging Metropolis

robert at elsenaar.info robert at elsenaar.info
Wed Jan 19 07:50:54 GMT 2011

What ever solution we are going to use. By rendering all countries,
the relative picture should be the same.

Prominence 4 in America is a city with a lot more inhabitants then a
prominace 4 in Belgium. Knowledge of the country should decide the
prominence. To have a clear discussion, every country should define
the rules on wich the prominence is made. (future-proof)

for example:
On a high zoom level e.g. prominence => 7 should be visible. On a
higher zoom level lower prominences will become visible.

In that case users of our data can choose if they are using the
adminstatative or the prominence rank to build up there map.

-robert-