[Tagging] boundary=protected_area + US National Parks & Forests

Daniel Sabo danielsabo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 15:29:32 GMT 2011

boundary=protected_area seems to have established a strong de facto status, and boundary=national_park + boundary:type=protected_area seems to be the compromise taken to get things to render.

In the interest of providing more meaningful data about public lands in the US I'm planning to apply the following tags to US National Forests and National Parks:

National Forest:
boundary=national_park
boundary:type=protected_area
protect_id=6
protection_title=National Forest
protected=perpetuity
operator=United States Forest Service
ownership=national

National Park:
boundary=national_park
boundary:type=protected_area
protect_id=2
protection_title=National Park
protected=perpetuity
operator=United States National Park Service
ownership=national

Also, there are a lot of national forests that we don't have outlines for, for these I was planning to tag the nodes with:
protected_area=yes
protect_id=6
protection_title=National Forest
protected=perpetuity
operator=United States Forest Service
ownership=national

Are there any objections to this? Other info that you think should be added as well?