[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - natural=bare_rock

Johan Jönsson johan.j at goteborg.cc
Mon Jan 31 17:53:59 GMT 2011

John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at ...> writes:

> Not all rocky surfaces are natural, just like sand being used on golf
> courses and beach volley ball courts, even if they are not within 100s
> of km of an actual beach...

That is true, instead of the proposal natural=bare_rock
you can use landuse=quarry and other tags if it is not
a natural rock surface you are tagging.

As I concluded yesterday, this proposal would be better with
landcover=bare_rock,
then it could be used on every land cover consisting of a bare rock surface
without confusion on the natural-key.

/Johan Jönsson