[Tagging] Prevoting: New_barrier_types

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sat Jul 2 22:14:52 BST 2011

Erik Johansson wrote:
> I think turnstiles and full height turnstiles should be the
> barrier=turnstile, add some extra tag to differentiate them.

This has been discussed before, and in my opinion they are sufficiently
different (how they look, whether you can jump over them, whether they
tend to cause height limitations, ...) to warrant their own tags.

I'm convinced that this point wouldn't come up if the English language
didn't happen to use the term "turnstile" for both types of barriers.

-- Tobias Knerr