[Tagging] service=drive-through or drive_through?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 14:59:17 BST 2011

2011/7/4 Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com>:
> 81 instances of denomination=latter_day_saints
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/denomination=latter_day_saints

see below

> 331 instances of denomination=seventh_day_adventist
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/denomination=seventh_day_adventist
> 1 instance of denomination=seventh-day_adventist
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/denomination=seventh-day_adventist

http://www.adventist.org/ suggests to use "seventh-day_adventist".
Feel free to correct it, I never heard about them so I won't touch
this.

> 609 instances of shop=second_hand
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/shop=second_hand

my dictionary tells me that the correct writing is "second hand" so
second_hand seems correct.

> "hyphens where they should be" is hardly a standard.

IMHO this thread is about drive-through and not about exotic churches.
I suggest to correct errateous other tags, but it has few if not
nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

The best way to synchronize tags is to use uniformly the same writing
in the wiki, in the presets and in the renderers and to ignore
misspelled tags in the renderer (on the main page of OSM, I agree that
generic rendering rules would try to catch as much information as
possible).

Cheers,
Martin