[Tagging] service=drive-through or drive_through?

Mike N niceman at att.net
Mon Jul 4 18:14:47 BST 2011

On 7/4/2011 12:14 PM, Eugene Alvin Villar wrote:
> OK, I think we have provided ample arguments for both sides. Only
> three of us have debated this point in the last few hours and I'd
> really like to hear other people's thoughts on this so that we can
> gauge if there's a consensus for whatever.

   I think it would be good to set a guideline for future tag creation.
  That guideline should reflect existing tags, which the consumers can
already recognize and can process without crashing.   It might look like:

   all lowercase
   no spaces
   replace spaces with underscores
   hyphens allowed

   In the case of the existing drive-through / drive_through, it is just
a token, and the actual value doesn't matter (so say the readers of
160-some other languages).   It is worth choosing a single tag based on
existing convention - what is already tagged, editor presets, rendering,
etc.   I realize the last sentence won't clear up the argument, but
that's my opinion.