[Tagging] Prevoting: New_barrier_types

Gary Gallagher g.null.device at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 13:15:08 BST 2011

I'm just trying to think about the way we are meant to map for the
blind. Currently this wiki entry
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_for_the_blind recommends that we
tag addresses not on the building but on the entrance. This is the
feature which a blind person needs to find. I was struck by the fact
that the barrier proposal contains features that might be of interest to
a blind person. Most entrances are not open - they have a barrier like
structure (a door) which you have to navigate to get into the building.
Providing additional information about this feature (like lock
arrangements) might aid a persons ability to negotiate their way through
it.

Gary