[Tagging] Introducing Potlatch2 Island - part of the CommonMap group of Islands

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 16:41:24 BST 2011

Hi,

Good to see i'm not blocked yet :0)

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 8:09 AM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

> 2011/7/11 Sam Vekemans <acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com>
>
>> Idea's thoughts?
>>
>> I'll be working on this today/tomorrow and work out the layout of one of
>> the islands, then the rest will follow the same structures
>>

> png_url = ttp://too.where.it.is/features/pois/food_pub.n.24.png
>
> maybe you can find another key-structure for icons, because there are many
> versions and variations of certain icons available..

No.  It's the source which is in some svn i just dont know the direct url
that potlatch2 uses (im looking at Potlatch2 (Build 2.0-16g106bbd1)

> class = Entertainment definition = A public house, informally known as a
> pub, is a drinking establishment which is part of British,[1][2] Irish,[3]
> Australian,[4] and New Zealand culture.
>  where does this come from? The wiki reads: "An establishment that sells
> alcoholic drinks that can be drunk on the premises. Pubs commonly sell food
> which also can be eaten on the premises. They are characterised by a relaxed
> atmosphere. You can usually sit down and there is usually no loud music to
> disturb conversation. A pub would be good location to meet after a day's
> mapping for OpenStreetMap."

It's the Wikipedia "definition"   the other key you might be thinking of is
"description".  And yes, good idea i'll add that in.

A 'definition'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definition
"A *definition* is a passage that explains the
meaning<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meaning_(linguistic)> of
a term (a word <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word>,
phrase<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrase> or
other set of symbols <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbol>), or a type of
thing. The term to be defined is the
*definiendum<http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/definiendum>
*. A term may have many different senses or meanings. For each such specific
sense, a *definiens <http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/definiens>* is a cluster
of words that defines that term."

A 'description'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Description
"*Description* is one of four rhetorical
modes<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_modes> (also
known as *modes of discourse*), along with
exposition<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposition_(literary_technique)>
, argumentation <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentation>, and
narration<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narrative_mode>.
Each of the rhetorical modes is present in a variety of forms and each has
its own purpose <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purpose> and
conventions<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_(norm)>
."

Both of which are important to use, when describing a VERY complex notion
such as the language of Nullians.
So, to be more precise, i can use osm_wiki_description.. However.  The Wiki
is Wacky... and thus, deserves it's own island.

http://api.development.i386.commonmap.org/browse/way/337377

I'll organize it the same way as potlatch2 island.
IF in the .xml documentation there was some indication of a description, i
would add it in.  Otherwise, i don't want to pick a language of the
osm-wiki.   My Nullish isn't the best just yet.

Thanks for the feedback, i'll get back to the tagging list once the Islands
are more complete.

Cheers,
Sam

cheers,