[Tagging] Prevoting: New_barrier_types

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 11 16:47:52 BST 2011

Am 11.07.2011 17:24, schrieb Zsolt Bertalan:
> I was playing around with taginfo and run into a strange set of tags in
> northern Germany. These are barriers separating opposite lanes on
> motorways. There are lots of them like this one:
> Key/tag combos are :
> barrier=beam_barrier
> highway=axis
> visor=hedge
>
> My english, tagging and motorway mapping skills are not good enough, but
> I want to learn, that's why I ask you the following questions:
> - Is beam_barrier a useful addition to this proposal?
> - Is this guy ahead if his time or is this mapping crap?
> - How would you map these barriers?
> - Would you map these barriers at all?

There was a discussion on talk-de@ about it:
http://www.mail-archive.com/talk-de@openstreetmap.org/msg85941.html
Some user tried some fancy micro mapping.

A beam-barrier often is put onto guard_rail. Which leads to the question
I ask before but which is still unanwsered:

how to map barriers on top of each other.

Cheers fly