[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Hiking_checkpoint

Zsolt Bertalan herrbert74 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 13:51:14 BST 2011

Because there is no difference. What is the difference between a rugby match
and a rugby union match? Nothing. Both of them are a rugby match. But rugby
union match is more specific.
In this case we need the general term.
There are TMs that are not routes. They consist of checkpoints that you can
visit anytime, in any order from any dircetion. And there are TMs like El
Camino that consist of several routes.
I think there are much more confusing terms in English than such a loan
translation.

And what about 'organised hiking tour'? That covers routes, walks, such
movements with only checkpoints, etc., but doesn't sound good to me as a
tagging key. It is confusing in an other way, because it covers more than I
need (hiking tours without checkpoints). Argh.