[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - playground:splash_pad

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sat Jul 23 12:19:59 BST 2011

On 07/19/2011 07:36 PM, Matt wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> There is no wikipedia entry for "water play area". I'm not sure what
> language convention you are referring to. Can you please explain why the
> British term should have precedence?

Loosely speaking, it seems we have a bit more of a "CBC English" factor
at play here.  I joke because it seems CBC journalists and anchors have
a very neutral if slightly British accent, particularly on Radio One,
generally with a more British vocabulary but if the British word is
ambiguous, barrows from American English when it's more descriptive.  An
example of this is the "sport=soccer" tag, since "football" is ambiguous
as it could be referring to FIFA, two different gridiron sports, or
Australian football, which is played on a field shaped more like a
cricket pitch than a soccer or gridiron field.