[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Club

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Wed Jun 8 01:08:15 BST 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 22:15 +0100, ael wrote:

> Seriously, in the UK, "I am going to my club" would normally be
> understood to refer to some such institution, at least among some
> sections of the community.

In Australia, 'going to the club' means (generally) going to a licenced
members-only venue, often associated with sports but generally not where
sports are played.  www.clubsvic.com.au and www.clubsnsw.com.au for
example (second one requires some proprietary microsoft plugin to view
fully).

http://www.vikings.com.au/ is an example of a licenced club associated
with a football team, but which also offers food service, gambling,
drinking, and at various venues (the Vikings Club consists of 4 venues)
they have other sports including bowls and tennis.

A lot of the proposed club= values, already have tags that exist for
their mapping for physical entities, but I also found a lot of the
'club' values apply more to a group of people than any particular venue,
for example club=diy / fan / fishing / hiking / openstreetmap.

David