[Tagging] access=avoid

Sander Deryckere sanderd17 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 15:37:57 BST 2011

If you want an absolute "safety" value, then you need some numbers like "the
number of accidents that happened between 2000 and now on that road". It
seems that Ethias (an insurance company) uses that data in an iPhone app (I
don't have an iPhone, so I can't try it). If you use google translate (or
any other service), you can read the short article:

http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/5401/Multimedia/article/detail/1266117/2011/05/18/Ethias-brengt-gps-met-veilige-routes-uit.dhtml

So there are objective ways of tagging, but we just can't achieve that
without help from the government.

On the other hand, I have nothing against subjective tags, if the data user
knows they are subjective and the mappers want to put it on the map, than
everything is ok.

Sander