[Tagging] Missing only_u_turn?

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 09:48:27 BST 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 4:21 AM, Alan Mintz <Alan_Mintz+OSM at earthlink.net>wrote:

> On the turn restrictions page, there is no mention of only_u_turn, yet I've
> found these to exist in the real world.
>
> Any objection to adding this restriction? If not, how do I go about telling
> consumers about the change?

It sounds to me as distinctly odd - it would be a situation where at a
crossing:
* coming from A you only can go to A
* coming from some other direction, there is another direction you can take
(otherwise it could more easily be modeled with one-way roads instead of
turn restrictions)

Why would there be a way from A in the first place then? To me it would only
make sense if the road 'from' A would actually be coming from another place
than the road 'to' A would go through. And in that case, only_left_turn or
only_right_turn would seem applicable.

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com