[Tagging] Gas well = petroleum well?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 16:54:44 GMT 2011

2011/3/4 Andreas Perstinger <andreas.perstinger at gmx.net>:
> So I should propose a new tag man_made=gas_well?

First I'd have a look at this, maybe it serves your needs?
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/pumping_rig

Otherwise I'd wait a day or two if someone pops up who has already
used a tag for this, have a look at taginfo, ...

In any case you can already use the tag, you don't have to wait for
any approval. If then it comes out that another tag is already in use,
you can still adopt.

cheers,
Martin

PS:
A search in the wiki lead to some hits for gas well, seams that the
New Zealand import had some of them:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Script_for_cleaning_up_the_descriptive_text_LINZ_layer
here they are named but there is no suggested tag:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:SK53/Industry_Sector