[Tagging] Sidewalks vs Footways

john at jfeldredge.com john at jfeldredge.com
Thu Mar 17 14:42:28 GMT 2011

Collapsing the two tags into one seems reasonable, but there should continue to be a wiki page for whichever tag is discontinued, in order to direct people to the preferred tag.  "Sidewalk" is the standard term in the USA; from my reading, both "pavement" and "footway" seem to be standard usage in the UK.  I don't know what the standard terms are in other English-speaking countries.