[Tagging] Sidewalks vs Footways

David Paleino dapal at debian.org
Thu Mar 17 18:37:00 GMT 2011

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:17:14 -0400, Serge Wroclawski wrote:

> Based on this thread, there seems to be general consensus that the
> term "sidewalk" is less linguistically ambiguous than footway.

I'd like to point out that not all footways are sidewalks.
Sidewalks/pavements/whatever_you_call_them are a particular case of a footway.
We shouldn't deprecate footway, but instead expand (i.e. add details) to it.
Once again, I'd like to point out my attempt to make a coherent proposal (see
my other message in list)

--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino
 `. `'`  GPG: 1392B174 ----|---- http://deb.li/dapal