[Tagging] Sidewalks vs Footways

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Thu Mar 17 19:30:33 GMT 2011

It's certainly a good idea to limit the scope of a proposal as much as
possible in order to prevent issues from bogging it down.

In my area according to JOSM I've mapped 62 sloped_curb's, 86
crossings, and 16km (10 miles) of sidewalks. You can see it here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=38.78794&lon=-77.30574&zoom=17&layers=M

I decided not to tag crossings with driveways, as that's a little too
crazy even for me. :)

-Josh