[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - parking (redux)

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 12:27:09 GMT 2011

2011/3/18 Flaimo <flaimo at gmail.com>:
> i think you misread the proposal. you don't tag any capacity tags on a
> single parking space. and all common properties can also be defined in
> the relation,

IMHO no need for a relation, as the amenity=parking around it already
gives you this information. You would "need" the capacity if you won't
differentiate between "area" (several parking spaces) and "space" (one
parking space), which I'd encourage (it is the same feature, just
differing in size/capacity, so better use just one tag instead of 2
IMHO).

> the naming for single spaces, as also the usage of the existing
> amenity=parking is already in discussion in the comments of the
> proposal.

Yes, I've seen this and I encourage you to take it under account. Also
have a look what Tobias wrote above, which I support completely.

cheers,
Martin