[Tagging] propose/help to rename a key -

crom crom9 at online.de
Mon Mar 21 16:14:46 GMT 2011

Hi,
thank you for your comment
> It's more clear now, what THE PROPOSAL wants to say with the
> protect_class key - but I don't see the measurable scale in this key.
> Therefore I don't see the benefit of hiding information in numbers
> instead of tagging
> protect_class=nature_reserve|nature_park|conservation_park|.... or
> something like that.
on my view, just thats the point of this concept: to merge all these
possible strings in values/cluster/.., which can be rendered easily?
"In order to allow the use of familiar country-specific
conservation-categories, the multiplicity of "nomenclatures" was
assigned to a few number of IDs ("protect_class") - it might looks more
friendly to join an abstract code (simple number) with my local name,
than a foreign name."
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dprotected_area#Concept

regards, crom