[Tagging] "Feature Proposal - RFC - Sidewalk

David Paleino dapal at debian.org
Mon Mar 21 19:38:10 GMT 2011

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 15:21:02 -0400, Serge Wroclawski wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 12:47 PM, David Paleino
> <dapal at debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Since "my" proposal was the one most agreed on, why can't you just start
> > using the tags/way-of-mapping in my page? :)
>
> David,
>
> I suggested re-opening the sidewalk proposal because I have a specific
> need for this data and would like to use official, rather than
> unofficial tags.

And, I asked you to kindly wait a couple of days more. That's it. And remember:
there's no such thing as "official"/"unofficial" tags in OSM.

> What specifically is your concern? You've used the word "my proposal"
> several times. If your concern it's credit, I'll happily put your name
> on the proposal. If it's not credit, then use the outlined tagging RFC
> process.

I don't really care about credit.
"My" proposal is to distinguish it from "your" proposal. I could have said
"mapping sidewalks as a separate way" vs. "tagging the main road". But you see
that's long :)

> >> If you have specific issues with the proposal, please bring them up
> >> for discussion.
> >
> > The issue is: your proposal is the opposite of what was agreed upon last
> > week. I'll be able to get some free time on Wednesday/Thursday: can you
> > wait up to then? I'll make a definitive proposal :)
>
> You're free to make recommendations to change it, and you're free to
> vote against it, but the process is now in place.

That's *VERY* rude.
We are a community, your answer sounds like "sorry, but the bureaucracy machine
started, and I can't do anything". That's not true, and it seems like you're the
only one pushing for the proposal to be started *TODAY*.

Kindly,
David

--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino