[Tagging] "Feature Proposal - RFC - Sidewalk

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Mon Mar 21 20:32:24 GMT 2011

On 21/03/2011 20:04, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
> That's partially true- it's true we have no official tags, but it's
> also true that the tags which are approved are the ones which get
> rendered, and the ones who people write software against.

Well - sort-of.  There's a correlation between what gets approved and
what gets rendered but it this statement would be misleading to anyone
stumbling upon it out of context.  For example, the wiki page for OSM's
Mapnik style makes clear that it's trac tickets (signifying what people
are asking to be rendered) that's the driver.  Also, at least one editor
maintainer has made it clear that a tag's "approved" status has
absolutely no bearing on whether it appears as a preset.

Cheers,
Andy