[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Sidewalks as separate ways

David Paleino dapal at debian.org
Fri Mar 25 12:21:34 GMT 2011

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 05:18:07 -0700 (PDT), Richard Fairhurst wrote:

> David Paleino wrote:
> > Why, oh why, this seems so out-of-context to me?
> > I think I already gave a solution: if you want to do it simple, use
> > sidewalk=*.
> > If you want to add more details, follow my proposal.
>
> I'm not remotely interested in the merits or otherwise of your proposal. I
> don't have the time to watch every single thing that goes through this list
> and assess whether I need to patch Potlatch 2 to have an inviting UI to
> support it.
>
> What I am saying is: you can't just say, as you did, "it's not up to me to
> consider how this will be implemented in Potlatch" (or, indeed, any other
> editor). It is _absolutely_ up to you. You're the one who wants the proposal
> to be adopted.

No, it's up to YOU, as a developer, to support basic OSM things.
"Relations" are an OSM primitive, and to be considered the official editor,
since you're being hosted on osm.org, you MUST implement them. That's IMHO,
obviously.

My proposal doesn't use anything special to be implemented in editors.

After this, I'm going to shut up. I don't see any constructive criticism going
on here, and I feel like I'm just wasting time.

--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino
 `. `'`  GPG: 1392B174 ----|---- http://deb.li/dapal