[Tagging] Nuclear Key

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 16:04:22 BST 2011

2011/3/27 Gleb Smirnoff <glebius at glebius.int.ru>:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 12:01:28PM +0100, Andrew Ainsworth wrote:
> A> Listing the type of reactor (PWR for example) seems like a reasonable idea
> A> but we shouldn't get into tagging safety features such as core catcher.
> A> There is a virtually endless list of safety/security technologies used on
> A> these plants and OSM isn't the place to list them. If you wanted to collate
> A> this information there should be a separate database.
>
> We are making map, not encyclopedia.

no, we are creating a geo database.

> So we should provide only name of a
> power plant, and a link to wikipedia article, where any additional info
> can be found, if user of the map is interested in it.

"the map" might be the standard mapnik map, but also a specialized
power map, which could be interested in more information then just
"nuclear fission". I don't see why we have to rely only on wikipedia
(it is of course good to have this link), if people are interested in
tagging other detail, its welcome.

> That would be:
> wikipedia:en=the_foo_nuclear_power_plant

usually wikipedia=en:foo is suggested.

cheers,
Martin