[Tagging] landuse:illegal and illegal:yes/no

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:20:13 BST 2011

Perhaps on this particular proposal, we have some cultural misunderstanding
. In many countries, you have illegal buildings, illegal garbage dumps,
illegal access restrictions, etc. Even when they are convicted by court, the
situation is not corrected (lack of authorities/means/police, corruption,
etc) and only local people knows that such building, dump or access
restriction is illegal.
Also environmental organizations are fighting against illegal dumps. So why
would you not allow OSM to locate them ? Is it not one motto of OSM to rely
on local knowledge ? And if we have disputes, then we already have a process
for that, like any other tags.

Pieren