[Tagging] Any support for a flow tag?

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:25:51 BST 2011

Hi,
Nope.... it's actually just a rendering rule that can be created.

If the direction of the way is drawn in the same flow of the water, it
should always be drawn with an arrow.

this rendering rule could be immediatly applied on mapnik, then you
would see water pointing everywhere ... this just needs to be manually
fixed.

Perhaps a recreation map like cyclemap and/or hikebikemap.de could
impliment this?

(i complained on the talk-ca) and this is the solution.

It's on my list to impliment it for CommonMapnik rendering, so the
geobase NHN will all look great, since the geometry is correct with
the flow (canvec rivers are not).

cheers,
sam

On 3/31/11, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if there would be any support for a
> flow=forward/backward/etc. tag for waterways. This would make the flow
> direction explicit, and would provide a machine-readable way to tag
> unknown or abnormal flow.

---
Across Canada Trails - Beyond 2017 - The National Trails Network
Victoria, BC Canada

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blog: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/
Skype: 'Sam Vekemans'

Member, CommonMap Inc.  http://commonmap.org/
IRC: irc://irc.oftc.net #CommonMap
Also find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn