[Tagging] parking spaces limited to cars (no busses, trucks, etc.)

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun May 1 13:19:07 BST 2011

2011/5/1 David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au>:
> On Sun, 2011-05-01 at 02:10 +0200, Stefan Bethke wrote:
> If I was towing a caravan, I wouldnt set my navigation device to think
> Im in a car or a motorbike, Id most probably use hgv.

this thread is not about hacking your system so that it does roughly
what you want, but about how to express unambiguously the given
restrictions and allowances.

Probably motor_car=designated, hgv=no, bus=no, tourist_bus=no
(coaches) would meet the particular case, but a dedicated tag for only
cars does not seem exaggerated to me neither.

> So, is the parking youre tagging, exclusively for cars?  Are
> motorbikes/trikes/sidecars not allowed to park there?

motorbikes with sidecars and trikes might be allowed and motorbikes
alone not I guess.

Cheers,
Martin