[Tagging] Formerly proposed highways

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Mon May 2 01:42:52 BST 2011

On 01/05/2011 21:32, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> On 5/1/2011 4:28 PM, Andrew Cleveland wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can the highway=proposed tag apply to highways which were proposed but
>> are no longer? As in the road was never constructed and the proposal was
>> abandoned? The wiki says the tag is for "roads that are about to be
>> built, but where any construction work hasn't yet been started", but I
>> don't know if that counts for anything.
>
> I've used highway=unbuilt for this.

Why would anyone want this?

It's just a waste of space. It shouldn't be in the the OSM database. if
you want to make a map that shows then fine, put your data in a separate
file & overlay it.

It's not even an old demolished structure (which I still believe has no
place in the main database)!

Dave F.