[Tagging] music clubs tagging

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Fri May 6 12:04:56 BST 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 09:35 +0200, Karel Kuželka wrote:
> Hello,
> we are mapping cultural and entertainment objects in Prague and have
> trouble tagging MUSIC CLUBS, places to listen to LIVE music (e.g. jazz
> clubs, rock clubs etc)
>

> It seems an appropriate map feature is lacking.
> The closest map features are:
> amenity:nightclub .... which is more for drinking and dancing and the
> music played is mostly reproduced
> amenity:pub .... which is place to sit and get something to drink, but
> there is no live music

Im not sure where you live, but around here if you want to see a local
band play live, you goto the local pub.  However, I do agree that a
music venue tag would be good, as there are a number of music venues for
local bands which are suitable for minors but also not all pubs have
live music.  Maybe part of the proposal/discussion can include tagging
those pubs that have live music and those that dont (if known when
tagging).

> I have written a
> proposal .... http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Musicclub
> Thanks for an advice.

A quick search (you did search before writing a proposal, didnt you?)
shows the following pages which might be close to what youre looking
for.  Taginfo suggests > 100 uses combined between amenity=music_venue
and leusire=music_venue.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Music_venue
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.de/search?q=music#values

David