[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Car access tag

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Mon May 9 15:10:26 BST 2011

Am 05.05.2011 um 21:49 schrieb Stefan Bethke:

> I've completed the draft and would like to solicit your comments:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Car_access_tag
>

> The proposal introduces a new tag car=* that applies to just cars, and clarifies the meaning of the motorcar=* tag, which applies access=* restrictions to cars and larger vehicles like trucks, busses, etc.

There's currently a discussion on talk-de about the hierarchy of vehicle classifications, how and why it was added to the wiki, and how this should be resolved.  I'll try and summarize the discussion on the proposal page as best as I can.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811