[Tagging] Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - childcare

Sean Horgan seanhorgan at gmail.com
Thu May 12 07:58:09 BST 2011

I personally like when OSM definitions are linked to other references,
especially a well-known source like wikipedia.

>From http://www.thefreedictionary.com/social+service:
social service
n.
1. Organized efforts to advance human welfare; social work.
2. Services, such as free school lunches, provided by a government for
its disadvantaged citizens. Often used in the plural.

or Merriam Webster, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/social%20service
: an activity designed to promote social well-being; specifically :
organized philanthropic assistance (as of the disabled or
disadvantaged)

I can add these references to the tag page if people consider them better form.

As for removing the daycare reference in social_facility, I agree that
replacing it with a link to an approved childcare feature makes sense.

There are service organizations that focus on children and I wouldn't
be surprised if some provided daycare, but this is such a specific
service that I think a node is better described by combining tags.  So
a social facility that provided childcare service could use:

amenity=childcare
social_facility:for=child
age=2-17
operator=ABC Kids