[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - area:highway

john at jfeldredge.com john at jfeldredge.com
Thu May 12 12:58:46 BST 2011

Also, sidewalks are not always directly next to the driving lanes.  There are sometimes grassy borders between the driving lanes and the sidewalk.  Typically, this is a meter or so, but can be wider.  On one street here in Nashville, Tennessee, USA, the sidewalk is about three meters to the side, and about two meters above the roadway, with occasional steps down to the roadway (the road ascends a steep hill on a diagonal).