[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - area:highway

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Fri May 13 02:13:48 BST 2011

Am 12.05.2011 22:27, schrieb Stefan Bethke:

> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.569837&lon=10.027266&zoom=18&layers=M
> For comparison: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&ll=53.569829,10.026878&spn=0.0015,0.003468&t=h&z=19 (about two years old, a couple of details have changed since.)
>
> As you can see, some attemps have been made to represent areas where pedestrians and bikes are allowed, but a lot of detail is (still) missing.
>
> I don't see how your proposal would model for example the bus bay at the stop next to the Subway on Mundsburger Damm, and the adjoining parking spots, at least not easily.  Or the intersection of Mundsburger Damm, Uhlenhorster Weg, Heideweg, and Birkenau, just to the south west on Mundsburger Damm.  Drawing areas from aerial pics or from carefully selected waypoints seems straightforward to me, putting ways "just so" that the medians between the ways fall on the actual borders between the areas seems unnecessarily complicated, and would likely require significant support in the editor.

Maybe first try to add the kerbs, "green" areas, bus bay as
highway=service and the parking lot.

There are probably even more barriers in this area.

Are these footways really highway=footways with bicycle=yes ?
(designated/offical?)
The cycleways are track seperately and at the roads as cycleway=track
but nothing about a sidewalk.

Cheers fly