[Tagging] [Spam?] JOSM wiki Potlatch2 In consistences fishmonger vs. seafood

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon May 16 17:10:42 BST 2011

2011/5/16 David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au>:
> I agree.  I think seafood is a more generic proposal than 'fishmonger'
> which may not be understood as widely.

I recall this vivid discussion where in the end it was agreed on
shop=seafood (with myself not beeing extremely happy about it, because
I'd personally consider shop=seafood inappropriate for a shop e.g.
selling the kind of trouts that live only in freshwater).
shop=fishmonger is the standard term every German-English dictionary
returns for the German word "Fischhändler". No mention at all of
"seafood" e.g. in LEO:
http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=&search=fischh%C3%A4ndler

To sum this up: IMHO fishmonger is more generic (and I guess more BE)
than seafood.

cheers,
Martin