[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - shelter type

Flaimo flaimo at gmail.com
Wed May 18 12:51:11 BST 2011

> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 16:49:43 +0200
> From: fly <lowflight66 at googlemail.com>
> To: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools"
>        <tagging at openstreetmap.org>
> Subject: Re: [Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - shelter type
>
> Please, do not mix hunting_stands with shelter.
>
> Many hunting_stands do not even have a roof nor walls.
> Many are only reached by climbing up a latter.

hunting stand is just an example someone gave in the comments. it is
not really part of the proposal. if approved i probably won't put it
on the dedicated wiki page.

> shelter=yes or shelter=* could be a solution to think about.

that won't work. shelter=yes is already a sidecar tag mapped on an
element with another main key, that is not a shelter (like
highway=platform for example) to indicate that there is a shelter
somewhere, but cannot be exactly pinpointed (because for lack of
satellite images). i can't just go and give it a completely different
meaning of a refinement tag for an element mapped with
amenity=shelter. that is also one of the reasons why i didn't use
"recycling" in my recycling_type proposal.

flaimo