[Tagging] Residential gardens: deprecate leisure=garden, suggest alternative

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue May 24 00:49:53 BST 2011

2011/5/23 Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de>:
> This implies that the landuse=residential tag would be used on
> smale-scale structures, which I believe should not be done. landuses are
> large-scale areas. When you create a landuse polygon for an individual
> building or garden, you are doing something wrong, imo.

+1, the landuse values describing built-up space should usually not be
split below plot size.

leisure=garden inside a landuse=residential area could be used for a
private garden, maybe together with access=private. You can also use
garden:type=residential with it:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Garden_specification

cheers,
Martin