[Tagging] Building life cycle

Mihkel Rämmel rm87 at hot.ee
Sun May 29 11:20:17 BST 2011

I would like to know weather the building life cycle would be
something like this:
*building=construction (600 uses)
*building=yes  or a more specific building=* tag
*building=yes disused=yes (1700 uses)
*building=yes abandoned=yes (800 uses)
*building=collapsed(9000 uses) or *building=yes ruins=yes

If it is not right then please correct me.

Would building=yes ruins=yes (3000 uses)  and  building=ruins (850
uses) mean the same?  Which one would be better to use?

Would it be reasonable to add these tags to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Building ? Not into the main table
where building=collapsed is currently, but as a separate table below.

I uploaded some pictures to http://web.zone.ee/rmihkel87/buildings/
for discussing where the border between disused, abandoned, collapsed
and ruins goes. Although I didn't find any good picture for disused
building.

Mihkel