[Tagging] Building life cycle

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue May 31 13:41:35 BST 2011

2011/5/29 Mihkel Rämmel <rm87 at hot.ee>:
> If it is not right then please correct me.

you can also have a look at start_date which would be inauguration or
start of usage of the building.

> Would building=yes ruins=yes (3000 uses)  and  building=ruins (850
> uses) mean the same?  Which one would be better to use?

The standard is building=<building-typology>. I would not consider
ruins a typology, but a state, that's why another approach might be
better. building=xy, ruins=yes has as disadvantage that you have to
evaluate the ruins-tag to get it right, but personally I'd prefer
this.

cheers,
Martin