[Tagging] towers, why limit communication towers to 2way and broadcasting?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:30:13 GMT 2011

2011/11/1 Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com>:
> seems ok to have receive-only towers to me

OK changed this from:
"Communication towers which are used for broadcast or two-way
communications via radio waves; such as radio, television, cellphones
and two-way radio. "

to:
"Communication towers which are used for broadcast or communication
via radio waves; such as radio, television, cellphones and two-way
radio."

Next question: should this be restricted to radio waves? What about
optical communication? What about disused communication towers? Maybe
something more generic would be better. Suggestion:

"Communication towers which are intended to be used for broadcast,
two-way communications or reception; such as radio, television,
cellphones, two-way radio and optical communication."

If there are no problems with that I'd change the wiki.

cheers,
Martin