[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - leisure=disc_golf_course

Johan Jönsson johan.j at goteborg.cc
Sun Nov 6 16:40:00 GMT 2011

Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at ...> writes:

> 2011/11/6 Johan Jönsson <johan.j <at> goteborg.cc>:
> > It will be nice with a physical tag for the place to play disc_golf.
> >
> > As the course it self probably could be found in a larger wood or park
> > without any clear boundaries of where the course are it is probably
> > best not to try to mark a whole area.
>
> I would try to estimate the area extension and hope that someone later
> might refine it in case of errors. You better have an approximation of
> the area instead of a node or a new type or relation that nobody
> parses.

I have used leisure=park, sport=disc_golf for an approximate area holding the
holes. It is really nothing that separates this area from the surrounding park,
except for the danger of flying discs. Is this a method used elsewhere?
Taking a part of a bigger area and subtagging it with sport=x.

But as said before, there is no problems with introducing a new leisure-value.
Then people can use the tag as they want, for a relation, an area or a node.

/Johan Jönson