[Tagging] Commuter Rail

danmey at web.de danmey at web.de
Wed Oct 5 22:08:10 BST 2011

Am 05.10.2011 14:37, schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:
> 2011/10/4<danmey at web.de>:
>
> Isn't this covered by light_rail?
No. Commuter Rail (S-Bahnen in Germany) is widely tagged with
route=light_rail. But it is not really correct. Light Rail sometimes
uses tram ways on streets. Commuter Rail does not. I wrote about that in
the proposal.
> Please note that on the linked page you refer to "Stadtbahn" which is
> not a well defined term and the meaning differs from one city to the
> other, e.g. the "Stadtbahn" of Berlin is a distinct part of the
> light_rail system (between Ostkreuz and Westkreuz, also shared with
> ordinary trains).
Thank you! That's right. I thought about the Stadtbahn (=subway/tram)
system in Hannover.
I'll fix that.
> cheers,
> Martin