[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - entrance=*

Ilpo Järvinen ilpo.jarvinen at helsinki.fi
Wed Oct 12 23:52:38 BST 2011

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011, Erik Johansson wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:12 PM, Ilya Zverev <zverik at textual.ru> wrote:
>
> aren't we better of without building=entrance? I really
> hope that DWG can be kept out of this.
>
> Further I would like to propose railway=subway_entrance =>
> entrance=public_transport, since it's probably interesting to have on
> bus/boat/rail terminals as well, now this is a bit more tricky since
> it already renders.

Please let me know when did my private renderer for those
building=entrances cease being something that renders (besides the times
when my VM is down of course :-))? ...Honestly, I think you just _assumed_
that nobody is using the data for anything (and that's plain wrong).
...While it would be trivial for me to change my mapnik styles, and
reimport would only take something like 20mins for the part of data I'm
interested in, you'd still need to assume that there is nobody else
using that data.

--
 i.