[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - entrance=*

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Oct 13 10:12:21 BST 2011

Hi.

I fear, it's wrong that most data consumers would get informed simply
because of a vote in the usual community channels.
I think, there are a lot of data consumers, who don't follow the
changing tagging system after once implementing it.
That may be wrong, but I think, we should avoid mass changing, as long
as it doesn't make something better.
In this case it's not worse to keep the old building=entrance as it is,
because existing applications have to deal with it.

If (and I agree, that it's not time to do so, yet) there is a mass edit
in this matter, I would suggest to
- ADD entrance=yes to objects with building=entrance
- ADD note="please note that building=entrance should be substituted by
entrance=* in future. Compare [link to an explanation in the wiki]"

All other edits should be done manually to inform even the community
members not actively following the usual channels, but using the editors
to add their stuff like they know it.

regards
Peter