[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - entrance=*

John Sturdy jcg.sturdy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 10:20:31 BST 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 6:28 AM, André Riedel <riedel.andre at gmail.com> wrote:

> As the creator of the proposal I do not like your proposed key/value
> entrance=public_transport.
> The tag should show the importance of an entrance and not what you
> will find behind the door.

Definitely.  I think it would be good, wherever possible, to stick to
the idea of the value of a tag "subclassing" the key, so that
building=* indicates what kind of building, and entrance=* indicates
what kind of entrance.

How would it be used with ways?  I think it might be useful to do that
to be able to indicate direction, but would there just be a short way
crossing the edge of the building?

And could / should we also use it for entrances to things other than
buildings, e.g. parks?

__John