[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Turn Lanes

Ilya Zverev zverik at textual.ru
Tue Oct 18 12:17:59 BST 2011

bkmap:
> When we already have numbers for the track positions, why we do not
> use them thus? So the data consumer knows the location without the
> lanes:location tag.
> lanes=4
> lanes:turnleft=3;4
> lanes:merge=1
> lanes:through=2;3

I considered this notation, but it has many drawbacks, the major one
being the difference in meaning of values of similar-named tags: lanes,
lanes:psv and lanes:hgv contain number of lanes, and other lanes:*
therefore also should. And yes, I also considered using this notation
for lanes:*:location - but it is very error-prone, depending on users to
calculate lane numbers, and "left/right" wouldn't fit in it.

IZ