[Tagging] barrier=?

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 20 20:59:50 BST 2011

On 20/10/2011 19:34, David Earl wrote:
> While we're at it, you also sometimes find barriers on car park exits 
> which have fierce, curved, spring-loaded spikes which are pushed into 
> the ground if you drive over them in the intended direction, but which 
> would rip your tyres to shreds if you attempted to go in against the 
> flow. Like a fixed stinger. Any ideas for barrier=? I've found them 
> referred to on manufacturer sites as 'alligator teeth' and 'traffic 
> spikes'
That sounds like what they (apparently) have in the customs sheds in 
Dover harbour. There are signs warning of the "catsclaw" - red triangle, 
white background, with a group of black markings that remind me of 
sharks fins: slightly curvy triangles leaning to one side.
I say apparently, as the signs have been there for years but I can 
recall actually seeing the devices in question.

So how about barrier=catsclaw? A quick google yielded this: 


More information about the Tagging mailing list