[Tagging] barrier=?

John Sturdy jcg.sturdy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 10:37:27 BST 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> So how about barrier=catsclaw? A quick google yielded this:
> http://www.catsclawinternational.com/

I think it would be better not to use a proprietary name / trademark
where we can avoid it.  There are also other brands, some less severe
than that one; for example the "traffic flow plates" at
http://www.heald.uk.com/traffic-flow-plates-overview.htm?l=32.  BTW
that website also has some of the things Dave mentioned; it calls them
road blockers / truck stoppers, and also uses the term "rising kerb"
(http://www.heald.uk.com/anti-vandal-road-blockers.htm).  See also
they call them "one-way traffic control plates".
http://www.flowplates.com/ provide both the spiky ones and the plates.

I suggest "barrier=rising_kerb" for the ones Dave originally posted
about, and I'm not so sure about the others; I'm not sure whether to
use one term for both the plates and the spikes (because both will
stop a vehicle), or to give them separate names (because one is more
likely to cause damage while stopping a vehicle).  My suggestions for
them are either "barrier=one_way", or "barrier=one_way_plates" and
"barrier=one_way_spikes" (or all three, depending on how specific the
mapper wants to be).


More information about the Tagging mailing list